VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the cat on my 2.5tdi is knackered, as its rusted through where the hanger attaches. Have read lots of threads about the whole decatting thing, and went out and bought a 2.4 d centre silencer from the local motorfactors to replace it with (just a silencer, not a cat). Has anyone fitted one of these to a 2002 van and had probs with the mot?

GSF wouldnt sell me the part, as they said it was illegal, and wouldnt pass an MOT. Then went down the road to an exhaust factors, and they sold me one after a lot of pissing about and them looking uncomfortable about it, and they also said it wont pass the mot and I'd be back soon for the cat.

The garage I use is pretty hot on MOT regs. Before i get my spanners out and spend a few hours swearing under my van, anyone know if I'll be wasting my time or will it pass? have read a couple of mentions that newer vans need a particle filter to pass????

any advice appreciated! will save a whole lot of aggro if i know she'll get through mot with just a silencer in there I: :ILU:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Read my earlier thread, I've just had a de-cat back straight through (no boxes) fitted, failed MOT yesterday, not because of the de-cat (this wasn't mentioned) but because it was too LOUD.

It's a smoke test on rather than an emissions test. Oh, make sure it's not sounding like a dragster :eek:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a smoke test on rather than an emissions test. Oh, make sure it's not sounding like a dragster :eek:
lol..cheers fella, should be pretty quiet with an extra silencer on it :) great looking system you got there, would be tempted but just blew all my money on a set of tyres

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Passed mot no probs! £25 for the part instead of £125 and free fitting by me..sorted :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts