VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, Im in a pretty sticky situation, Pretty gobsmacked in fact

Im 20
I've got a 1998 vw t4 1.9 800 special completely standard, nothing in it, use it on the weekends for motocross, Now i have my renewal just come through the post, Post office quote me with 1 years NCB £1050, any other company so far have quoted no less then £1600!!!!!!
I also have an Audi S3 that i got and insured 2 months ago with no NCB for only £1500
Both are fully comp and paid in full
Now my question is, How the am i even being quoted £1000 quid to insure a 1.9 diesel that is slower then an oap on there mobility scooter, yet my car is the same price to insure.
I hope ive made myself clear,
Who do you insure your van with, i was expecting it to be well under £1000! :*

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Try Brentacre, they get my money:ILU: My renewal was £100 more this year, although they were still cheapest after shopping round:cool:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Im with HIC for my t4 and my bay, cheaper by about 100 for me

·
Registered
898 Posts
Directline, I'm 23 and pay 450, that's with 4 years ncb tho

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Has anyone tried Lynbrook?
I have used them for years but my Bus isnt old enough to Qualify yet.
Fully comp with agreed value and European breakdown on our MX5 and Talbot Sexpress (when I had it) came in at £198 for both Vehicles.
Yes, it was limited mileage but that may be ok for some people. MX 5 is still with them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have a motor trade policy, that costs me £750 a year with my mrs as a name driver. can own 5 cars up to the trade value of 10.000 each and we are both insured fully comp on any car we sit in, also with demonstration use so i can sit next to any one and they'd be insured too.
Hi, who's this policy with mate? I could do with a similar thing because I've just started buying and selling cheap cars to try and make some extra cash to fund converting my T4 and the demo use would be ideal for when people view and test drive. T:

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Brentacre - absolutely get my vote.

I've found them not only the cheapest, but the service is fantastic. Especially, when you've got the mods.

I've shopped around for the last 3 years, to find that they still gave a competitive quote. I think even if they had not have been the best price I would still have given them the business; because of their service.

Try them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts