VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi boys and girls, looking for a bit of decent advice, we are looking to have a pop top fitted and after doing a bit of homework we had decided on an austops roof with bed, now here’s my problem the 1st 2 austops fitters I have made enquiries to want a completely empty van to be able to do the roof:oops:does anyone know of a decent fitter that will do our roof without us having to remove our Titan bed and furniture? The bed required dropping the fuel tank to install and it would be the same obviously to remove which is not ideal, in an ideal world I would have had the roof done 1st but having had the van 5 years this wasn’t the original plan but a couple of kids in them 5 years has changed things a bit so need extra sleeping space:Danybody had previous experience of having a roof fitted without removing van interior? Any advice welcome, cheers martin

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Martin,

Try spektrum interiors in bromsgrove,

I'm getting an Austops roof fitted by them in April, Although i only have rear seats and a storage box in the back of my T4.

But when speaking to them, I'm sure they mentioned they have fitted lots of roofs to already converted vans.

Hope that helps....(y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Martin,

Try spektrum interiors in bromsgrove,

I'm getting an Austops roof fitted by them in April, Although i only have rear seats and a storage box in the back of my T4.

But when speaking to them, I'm sure they mentioned they have fitted lots of roofs to already converted vans.

Hope that helps....(y)
Hi Ross cheers for reply mate, I have spoken to the guys at west dubs and they were brilliant and said no need to take my bed out👍🏻 And to be fair it was a toss up between them and austops in the 1st place, so deposit has been placed with west dubs and having roof fitted on 6th may, happy days:)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Heard excellent things about Westdubs, so i think you'll be in good hands there mate.

be sure to stick some pics up once fitted for us all to see.

All the best...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts