VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the sound deadening, insulating, carpeting, plying, flooring and over such things and am now on what seems to be the hardest stage.. Picking a R&R bed. My main uses for the van will be when i go skateboarding with a number of friends so ideally i want as much seating and room as possible but also I need to be able to turn it into a bed when i go away with just me and the missus!

At first I thought i wanted a fullwidth taking my seat number up to 5 as i didnt initially want a cooker or a sink or anything 'too campery'. But, the more I work on the van the more I think that I do want to go a little bit more along the camper route, which brings me to my conundrum...

Do i go for a 3/4 R&R taking my upto 4 seats and the standard cupboards down the side or do i go 5 seats without any cupboards as such. I'm still not really after a cooker or a sink but having cabinets would be a nice feature. Does anyone have a full width with cabinets? I couldnt really work out how this would work?! Can anyone give me any examples of full width beds with storage? I presume the only place they could possible go is behind the front 2 seats but i'm reluctant for this as i quite like having the option to walk through to the back without having to get out and walk around!

Any ideas you want to fire my way would be appreciated!

Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts