VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All as we are all interested T4's and how versitile they are I was interested to see what people's thoughts are on the German Dehler conversions which in my opinion are similar to Westfalia's except slight more unconventional are very rare.

I like them and would drive to Germany to get one if it were the right price. But lets see what you have to say - like em or loathe em?

Batman's one:

My other car's a Ferrari:

Some interior shots - makes good use of space I reckon:

One more in white

Get your votes in!

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
I know someone with a blue one, she loves it and it cerainly is very clever inside. Not really my bag though.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
they look well thought out, engineered and deffinatly quirky. but i dont think i would go for one. They are suppost to be expensive as well arnt they?

·
Registered
76 Posts
A:yea great vans the dehler i have a profile GL model myself in blue just after spraying the bumpers as the colour in the early 90s are not what we expect today BORING but yes good van and well finished very well layed out and hold there price well .T:

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
A:yea great vans the dehler i have a profile GL model myself in blue just after spraying the bumpers as the colour in the early 90s are not what we expect today BORING but yes good van and well finished very well layed out and hold there price well .T:
Did yours come from a guy Tom near castlebar direction?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did yours come from a guy Tom near castlebar direction?
not sure what has name was a friend off mine got it traded in to him first from a guy up sligo way he said and then he trade it in to me for a chevy day van i had why were u looking for at one in castlebar..

·
Registered
331 Posts
My ex has one,look good when lowered as they have a body kit,very practical if you like that sort of thing with 2 sinks and a shower,good for the girlies.LOL:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Very unusual and very boat like inside obviously! I think these will be the one to have in the distant future maybe 2030 etc i think they will become hard to find and very rare!

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
I love them, Well I would say that I have just bought one it's Fantastic. Much nicer than My Mazda BongoI:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi,

I saw one at the Volksworld show...... I am sure thay are very practical... But...well..... they just look wrong! IMO;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I thought they look fantastic. I nearly bought one off ebay til I noticed in the pic it was parked over a patch of fluid!

But I never found a diesel one.

The interior is plastic, so I would imagine that repairs would be much harder.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Dont know why they didn't just use a lwb version instead of bolting that thing to the back ???

Oops scrub that just saw that some are lwb .... My bad

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've had one now for about a year. There seem to be quite a lot of different models. Mine is a 1994 Optima 4.7. The layout maximises on space. With the cooker, fridge, sink and storage at the back it leaves the full width in the middle for the dining area/bed. Under the rear seat are two leisure batteries, inverter, fridge condenser and Webasto heater. With the two front chairs turned around it will seat 4 or 5 around the fold-out table. Two roll-up bunk beds can be used in the space in the elevating roof. There's a fresh water and waste water tanked strapped underneath.

I keep looking at others but haven't found another T4 with as good a layout or build quality.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I looked at the Dehler before I bought mine.

The interiors looked second-to-none! I was very impressed. Plus there's both German and the Yacht building reputation so I was all ready to buy until...

they're all petrol, no? Also the base vehicles aren't the best they could be. It's all ok... but only ok. I felt it was always going to be limited by that. Whereas my van has the potential to be a lot more, with more space but still fitting in a standard size parking spot.

Mine's a diesel so I'm expecting another 100k on the engine. If I had gone for a Dehler I would have been expecting trouble with the engine after a much shorter amount of time for the same amount of cash or more. Plus they tend to be left hand drive of course.

So yes, one of the best interiors (well, I like it but its not for everyone, a little non standard), but didn't like the base vehicles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts