VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having accumulated a couple of dinks over the last couple of years from careless people opening car doors, I decided that it was time to get them sorted.

I was tempted to save a couple of quid and have a go myself and looked on youtube for instruction. But, it seemed the hairdryer and dry ice method wasn't all that it promised.

So I contacted dent devils and the chap came out. Have to say that the guy did a perfect job. No trace of there ever having been any indentations. It was £72 inc vat, spent just over an hour, repaired 3 small dents.

I've got no affiliations with the company and I merely post this up as an account of my experience.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, I also have had some work done recently by one of these dent removal guys. Garage quotes £200 + but suggested I try these people first. Unbelievable job done but I just could not watch. He shoved some padding between the glass and the door, put heat onto the door with metalic paint using a flame !!!!! Stuck some long bars of various diam down the door, hit the outside of the dent with a hammer and pin punch. I was pacing around like mad wondering why I had not asked who pays for repair if his attempt goes wrong.

Anyway, you cannot tell he has worked on the panels, and best of all for 3 dents and 25 mins work £30.00. He is in the Nottingham area so if anyone needs a miracle let me know.

Mick l

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hi, I also have had some work done recently by one of these dent removal guys. Garage quotes £200 + but suggested I try these people first. Unbelievable job done but I just could not watch. He shoved some padding between the glass and the door, put heat onto the door with metalic paint using a flame !!!!! Stuck some long bars of various diam down the door, hit the outside of the dent with a hammer and pin punch. I was pacing around like mad wondering why I had not asked who pays for repair if his attempt goes wrong.

Anyway, you cannot tell he has worked on the panels, and best of all for 3 dents and 25 mins work £30.00. He is in the Nottingham area so if anyone needs a miracle let me know.

Mick l
OOOOO Im in notts and in need of his services. Could I get his details please? T:

·
Registered
84 Posts

Mick l
His name wasnt keith baines was it??
Im a dent removal guy myself but my area is Coventry and the surrounding areas.
You got a good deal with that.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Mick l
Mick -- I don't know what you do for a living but if it's not writing comedy scripts it should be!! You had me in stitches:))

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi yes his name was Keith Baines and he was excellent so I would recommend him. If alex you want to email me i will pass on his number. Dont really want to put number on here direct just in case ?

Mick l

·
Registered
216 Posts
We use dent devils at work and the chap who covers our area is very good, i have known him for years.
But even after all these years i am still impressed when he does a job.
Plus working in a bodyshop i can spot a dent at 10 paces!!
I think dent devils must employ the best people, as i have seen work carried out by other technichians which really do not match the quality.

Glad you got your van looking good again T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts