VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. As part of my refit I am adding an ICE system on the cheap. I am using bits and bobs collected off eBay. My head unit is a Sony Xploder cd/radio which is capable of handling 4x45w speakers. But I want to feed it through my Alpine 4/3/2 ch amp. In addition I want to power a sub woofer via another Alpine mono amp designed for a sub.

So I want:

head unit
10" sub via mono (Alpine) amp

2 dash speakers (Pioneer), 2 6" speakers (Pioneer) in the tail gate and 2 6x9 (JBL) speakers in the rear wheel arches all via a 4 ch (Alpine) amp. I might add another pair in the doors.

I also have another JBL amp which is rated at 2x40w or 1x90w, spare at the moment.

I want to power the lot off a utility battery fed via a VSR.

But how to lay this lot out? Can anyone mke sense of the above and suggest the best way to proceed?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Take the front out from the headunit to the jbl amp & run your dash speakers from that

Take the rear out from the headunit to the alpine multi channel amp to the speakers in the tailgate & wheel arches

Take the sub out to the alpine mono amp & run the sub off that.

Should do the trick nicely!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Zap, but the head unit doesn't have a Sub Out, so where should I take that off? Can I bridge it off of two channels from the Alpine multi channel amp?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I see a problem here. If I run the multi channel amp with a high pass filter to get the best out of the speakers, then I can't run the sub and mono amp from the same as they need to run as a low pass filter and won't get the necessary signal to do so because of the high pass filter.

So should I run it spliced from the head unit feed to the front speakers instead?

·
Registered
449 Posts
stop all the messing about, get down to any car spares or radio shop, get 2 high input to rca low output gadgets for £7 each, put these on the head unit speaker outputs, now they become rca output for amps front/rear, then use your rear rca output leads from head unit to power the sub, DONE T:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Smokey. The head unit has a DIN plug and speaker output for 4 speakers, so I assume I can get a plug with a DIN to RCA type connector?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just use the speaker outs. The gizmo will turn them to RCA anyway. I think you use either the DIN or speaker outs. Not usually both.

Smokey.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yes you can use 2 of those gadgets and your din, all works fine, ive fitted many that way for many bass heads.T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts