VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
That would be brilliant T:
I am looking for ideas for the march meet and did think about Lyme as there's fossil hunting for the kids but wasn't to sure about parking or a place to get in doors for a cuppa if the weather wasn't great :* maybe you could send me over some ideas to look up online and if we can come up with a winning formula the Wife and I will have a drive down to do a reccy and to meet you early in Feb T:

I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea! I'm a total newbie to the scene as is my van. Only picked her up Saturday but intend to get out there and get cracking with the build! My van is a 2000 2.5 tdi 88 bhp a few dents and things that need sorting but otherwise sound. Will be kitting out the back with electrics, cabinets, rock'n'roll bed and the like also. I'm a car mechanic and MOT tester by trade so can always lend a hand with the greasy oily bits!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Is anyone up for lowering a t4 at the first workshop meet? Apparently it's pretty easy T: It will be on jobs van and he has the springs ready to go so just need to sort the volunteers and the date. Also if your planning on lowering your t4 I can fit 2 on the drive in front of the workshop so we could try and squeeze another in T:

I think for this meet it will have to be a week night for me to fit it in during February so does anyone else out there have a t4 they want to lower?

Hi Jonny, it was good to meet you at Shaldon, following our talk I think I would like to haven a go at lowering my T4.
It's away for a paint job and things at the moment and probably won't be ready in time, I would love to come to watch and help/learn if space allows.
Thanks, Rick

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Thanks guys T:
I am sorting out a workshop group for the 8th of next month. It will be a simple job, fitting a california rail to a t5. (PPossibly more than 1 if there is interest)
we are thinking of doing this one up at the carpark in shaldon just to gauge interest in the workshop meets. I think lowering t4's will be the second workshop meet at my workshop. Also the first meet will give us a chance to talk about the second more technical meet.
sound good?

I will firm up the plans in the week after I make sure TPS have stock of the rails.

So anyone out there own a T5 and want to fit a cali rail??
Or a T4 and want to fit the T4 equivalent ? (Chris I'm talk in to you :))

Also anyone want to lower a T4 At the second one? Will need all the T4 lowerers to come to the first meet to have anti seize sprayed liberally in the right places :eek: and to go through when we will fit the springs.

2010 t5.1
180 bit urban
No problems at the moment

Upgrades to do
Fitting rear wash wipe & rear demister
Remap
Possible lowering in the future
Fitting poptop
Building units and fitting
Split charge electrics
Looking to learn skills as I go along the build process
Meet once or twice a month good for me as I live just around the corner from Jonny (as I learnt this afternoon)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.