VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I haven't fitted the bigger tyres yet, I'm down to just over 2mm left so best get them on order this week ready, it's just the height I'm undecided on, their currently 225/55/16 so it's the choice of 60 or 65, I think 70 and I'll be into arch modifications which I can't be bothered with. It is so much better now not pot holes dodging anymore and just such a more comfortable ride not lowered, still not used to the step up I have to take to get in though T:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,467 Posts
What I decide as a good compromise, looks, driveability and comfort, and what you mention about wheel arch mod was a 55 profile, at a push 60 ...... haven't tried 60's but should be OK. I would still lower it though, and probably stiffen the suspension, I've got the Vogtland setup, not too expensive and very very good.

Front Borbet A's 16" 7.5J ET30 - Continental Premium 215/55/16 97W XL
Rear Borbet A's 16" 9J ET15 - Continental Premium 225/55/16 97W XL

I'm lowered -60 at the front and -40 at the back. I do like my Borbet's though :D >>

Next on my list is a set of steelies like yours :D

TURK

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I see in your photo your slider rail is black, has it always been black or did you change the colour? I want mine black and was thinking powder coating, just not sure if any paint will last with the roller going up and down it over time.

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,467 Posts
I've got the extended door wedge from Colese mate, a trader on here as I'm sure you already know.
He does an exchange service for your old door runner, powder coated any colour you want. 6 years on and mine is still fine T:

There are better pictures of it my 'Lulu DIY build thread'. T:

TURK

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've got the extended door wedge from Colese mate, a trader on here as I'm sure you already know.
He does an exchange service for your old door runner, powder coated any colour you want. 6 years on and mine is still fine T:

There are better pictures of it my 'Lulu DIY build thread'. T:

TURK
I've also got one of colese's wedges in black but my door runner is still silver, looks a bit naff, I will get it powder coated then, thanks turkT:

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've had the new tyres fitted last week, 225/60/16, still early days and I'm still getting used to it not being lowered but it's really nice to drive now compared to before, must be getting old now appreciating a smoother ride! T:T:

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Think I'll give the arch extensions a miss turk LOL:, I need to get my backside into gear and get the body repairs done ready to be re-painted, my current thought is body military deep sea grey and bumpers, bonnet, mirrors and roof all matt black, should look a bit more off roady then T:T:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,467 Posts
Gonna get damned hot inside with a matt black roof!

Why does everyone have this thing about black vehicles :*

I agree that black is great at absorbing heat, but a colour that absorbs heat very well ( thermal radiation ) is also the best for radiating heat. That's why they paint the back of fridges black. It's also one of the reasons why Bedouins wear black in the desert :)

In truth, it's not down to the colour but what's lies beneath it. If the van is well insulated ( usually from the cold ), it will also be well insulated from the heat.

I just don't like black cars cause you have to wash them everyday! :D

TURK

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Couple more jobs done, lowered the back to match the front as it was just too high, sprayed the front grills as they had never been painted and we're looking a bit tatty and I had paint left over so did the triangular bits of the wing mirrors, also removed the bonnet deflector, I'm not feeling the grey wheels anymore,I'm thinking about black centres and the bands orange T:

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Couple of bits done recently, mainly painting.

Fitted some of those b/c pillar decals

Decided I didn't like the grey wheels anymore so went for a refurb on colour, took a gamble on the orange which didn't pay off, they looked good till I put them on the van :(

I couldn't live with the different shade of orange so refurb take 2

Then thought I'd try so wheel decals just to add some colour into the wheels

And lastly painted the bit above the licence plate black, next job is to do the spoiler black and I'm contemplating doing the bumpers black as well

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Second hand Golf mk3 vr6 splitter fitted, cheers donecan, much appreciated T:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts