VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Diesel heater

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Quattrodave 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about fitting a diesel heater in my LWB T4.
I'm not sure where to install it and how to connect the fuel line into the vans diesel tank.
Has anyone installed one and how did you do it?
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
take front seats out, move cab mat forwards, gives access to fuel sender hatch, remove sender, drill hole in it, make underneath of hole flat, put fuel stand pipe in, attach fuel line for heater to stand pipe - that sorts your fuel supply.

I have my heater underneath driver seat, I would advise drilling hole big enough for both exhaust, fuel line, air in hose, and heater threads to fit through before attaching the mount plate to the bottom of the heater, and then to the floor. Drilling individual holes for each bit, makes life difficult. Ensure that you seal the mount plate to the floor with heat resistant sealant, don't want any exhaust gasses coming in.

Then run power cables to where ever your power source is. The Chinese Diesel Heater trouble shooting group on facebook has more info about this than you can shake a stick at- including T4 installs,

#4 ·
Thank you, I was concerned about getting fuel from the tank safely.
Can I ask, where did you route the exhaust as the tank runs under the drivers seat.
Cheers
Hey Mark, Have a look at the last few pages of my Kaz Van build thread (link below)it'll give you some more insight into this. [EDIT - Looks like even mor of my images are missing from this now so you might have to interprate from the text only at this stage until the forum fixes this.]

Depending on where (And which type of fuel pick-up you use) will decide where you take your fuel from. There are a few good Eber install threads here which might still have the active images post forum move.

Just make sure the air intake and exhaust are a far away from each other as possible and pointing in the right directions. Download the Eber instal guides and videos as I'm assuming you've got a chepo-chinse one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.