VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The diesel filter on my T5 has 4 pipe connections and from reading on here this means the vehicle has a diesel preheater
and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how this works. The fuel flow directions to and from, what actually does the heating and where is it ?. How does it work, how effective is it etc ?. Would the pre heating work well with Biodiesel in winter ?.

Any advice welcome please.
Rondel.
T:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
If you have one it is located under the floor below the passenger seat, you have to remove the splash guards to get to it .
There should be a webasto sticker on the drivers door and if you look under the van you should see a small exhaust poking out from the splash panels where it is located.

It is called a webasto thermotop c if you Google that you will get plenty of info T:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jonny,
Thanks for your reply. My assumption of a diesel pre heater was that the fuel was heated before it entered the diesel filter to allow for winter running at lower temperatures. This is what the handbook says. I am not sure if this means heating the van inside.
I may be wrong...
T:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts