VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, long shot maybe.
1.9td ABL 2000
Have a loose wire and for the life of me can't figure where it's supposed to connect to, I don't know which kind of pump this is (pic below) and I don't know the name of the components. It's a black wire and a brown wire, the black is connected to the top of a component on the end of the pump but the brown is hanging loose and I can't figure where it's meant to connect. Can't see anything anywhere that looks like where it came loose from, don't know how long it's been loose and doesn't seem to affect performance.
If there's anyone with a sharp eye and well familiar with the diesel pumps and components and knows where this should connect to I'd really appreciate some suggestions.
Quite frankly it's baffled me.
Photos below......(attachments)

(pump pic nicked from Sputnik1957)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
It's not original - your van has had the immobiliser removed & an ignition switched feed to the stop solenoid has been added. The wire's dead, tidy it up & forget about it.

HH

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah right...stop solenoid,..ok, I'm with it.....that loose wire really threw me, ...lol...searching like an idiot for no reason so it seems....that explains a lot then, an immobiliser been removed. :unsure:
Bit modern for me, immobilisers, :LOL: never had a motor new enough to have one before, last wheels I owned for 17 years was 32 years old when I sold it in 2013! (a trusty old Golf Mk2 😢).
Mmmm...learned something new today..
Thanks HH, must appreciated...cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts