VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the definitive difference between the 174 AXE and 130 AXD engines??

as i understand it the block, head and camshaft are identical. the difference being the turbo, ECU and injectors. i have also been told the injectors are the same and the only difference is turbo and ECU

therefore a change in (injectors) turbo & a remap transforms the engine from AXD to AXE spec

can anyone confirm?

thx

Ross

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Know your T5 engine post has a bit in the self study vw doc that says the engines are identical except turbo and mapping!T:

·
Registered
536 Posts
The main differences i've found using VW parts Software ETOS (For a 2005 model) is

Turbo/inlet adaptor (garrett for 174 and 130autos, Borgwarner for 130 manual gearbox),
Flywheel/Clutch is different,
Software/ECU

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
WHERES DAZBOI????????????,

he'll be here soonT:

·
Registered
536 Posts
The main differences i've found using VW parts Software ETOS (For a 2005 model) is

Turbo/inlet adaptor (garrett for 174 and 130autos, Borgwarner for 130 manual gearbox),
Flywheel/Clutch is different,
Software/ECU
Looking a bit more the injectors are different as well.

Can anyone else find any differences :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
research is ongoing...

so far web search has found
http://www.scribd.com/doc/47266666/2-5-TDI

which indicates the engines are identical - except for the Turbo and search onl VW parts confirms the turbo's are different
(which makes sense, why would VW/Audi build 2 different engines, esp as they have a history of having power variations of the same engine).

a call to Bosh technical support re fuel injectors
fuel injectors are different

to recap (so far) it would seem AXE and AXD are identical except for
Turbo
Injectors
ECU program

so the question are is this correct? and has anyone 'converted' and AXD to an AXE ??

Ross

1 - 7 of 7 Posts