VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm looking at a few T4s for sale at the moment. What's the difference between a multivan and a caravelle and can all the rear seats easily and quickly be removed.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
the multivans rear tripel seat folds down to become a bed. The caravelle only folds forward and tips to allow better access to the rear of the vehicle. Additional the multvan has a factory fit tabel which folds from the side and inward facing buddy seats .

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
caravelle generally has all forward facing seats, middle row quick removable rear not

multivan older vans have rear facing middle row ( buddy seats) and removal is quick , rear seat turns to a bed , rear not sure if its quick or not

newer multivans middle row seats can rotate etc

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,419 Posts
Hello,

Apart from the cost I:
Is it worth it? For me yes T: But there's loads on here about that already.

Back on topic. As others have said the layout is different.

I thought the rear bench could be removed in the Caravelle? :confused: The Multivan's rear bench can come out, don't know how quick, as I've never tried. Most certainly a two person job. Multivan has curtains or should.

Good luck with the search.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Wasnt the Multivan cheaper than the caravelle when new as well? Bonkers..

I wouldnt pay the difference personaly.. Just get a tidy caravelle for probably half the price and fit a bed if you want one :ILU:

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
our caravelle rear seats fold down completely flat, as do the middle, with a slight modification or addition this could very easily be turned into a bed. The middle row do come out, with a shove.....not too sure about the back as ive only had it a few months and never needed to take it out...yet:D

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
back seats come out in 5 mins; 4 bolts, 17mm socket

easiest removed forwards via side door, assuming middle row is out of the way

otherwise a 2 man turn and lift out through tailgate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts