VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought my first T4 3 weeks ago and have been working through some of the 'little' problems it has.

One I really need help with is that someone put a Passat 1.9tdi engine in the van but didn't complete the job. So the dipstick is still the original and I cant get to it, its also been broken in order not to hit the radiator.

So the question is what do you do to resolve this problem? The garage I took it too suggested I needed an engineer to build me something but I'm hoping that is not the case!!

I have been reading threads on conversion, Penbryn mentioned the need to drill a hole and have different dipstick and tube but has anyone got some pictures and straight forward explanations for this please?

I still have the original 1.9td dipstick and tube.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve for that! I also found Aggies thread on the first conversion he did back in 2007.
Rang VW Connections today to see if an alternative to taking the engine out and seems I may be able to modify the original dipstick and tube.
I REALLY hope so :)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got exactly same problem, easy fix for now is drain oil and change filter. Fill back up with 5 litres, start engine. Knock it off give it a few mins. Remove dipstick and mark dipstick where oil level is. You now have a max mark to go off so easy to keep an eye on it :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tocca, haven't checked back here for a while.
Did you have to shorten the dipstick as well? I was advised it may need about an inch taken off to fit properly.
Thanks for you input! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts