VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help 2.5 06 I know heads are common for cracking mine has 406,000 miles on it I know oil is rising on dip stick I changed oil I've know done 1,300 miles and oil is half an inch higher on dip stick also has had bad starting for nearly a year only thing is people I've spoke too have said when there head has cracked it's filled sump with diesel after only a few miles so I'm wondering if it is worth doing seals on injectors first just wonderd if anyone had taken head off to find it wasn't cracked and was seals or even small amount of diesel in sump was still down to cracked head any help really would be appreciated cheers

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi, though I'm not an expert I believe that leaking injector seals are a well known failure mode for all PD engines, including 1.9s:
I know people have got away with this; it's easy to get to so I'd guess at perhaps a couple of hundred quid it would be worth the gamble...
And whilst a tech was doing it they could check for wear spots on the cam, which would probably be the first item to go due to oil dilution.

Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts