VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up my new van, and noticed today that my directional fog lights aren't directional, they're static. Is this a known fault or anyone else had it? Warranty issue I guess?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,059 Posts
I have just picked up my new van, and noticed today that my directional fog lights aren't directional, they're static. Is this a known fault or anyone else had it? Warranty issue I guess?
Purely out of curiosity, how do directional fog lights work? Do they swivel as you go round corners (as in Citroen SM headlights)?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think they are supposed to light up each side under 15mph; slow left turn, left fog light illuminates for extra light. Slow right turn, right fog light on etc. I don't think the light unit moves, just provides extra light at low speed cornering as a supplement to headlight output.

You might need to check the light switch is in the right position for them to be activated :*

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, I guess I'll try it out later, when it's dark!

·
Registered
378 Posts
They don't move. Turn left or signal left under 15 mph and the left fog will come on and the same for the right.T:

·
Special Rapporteur
10,059 Posts
Ah yes, VW seem to call it something else internally.

If not enabled, it's an option that can be turned on and off in the Central Electronics module. They have probably just forgotten to do that - if so it should only take a couple of minutes to plug in and fix at a dealer's. Funnily enough it was turned on by default on my van, and I don't have fog lights!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts