VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as per previous posts asking advice on how to remove a side fitting disabled ramp, i finally plucked up the courage and got someone else to do it!!H:....anyway, they took it off, it went the full width of the van and came out where the side door is, it took a forklift and 4 big blokes to move it and it weighed almost 900kgs.....cracking for fuel economy:eek:...not.

Anyway, with it all removed i took it out and my god what a difference, the van felt lighter (obviously) and the accelaration was brilliant, i couldnt believe this was the same van.......the weight was the ramp itself, never mind the electrics, the big bottle of hydraulic fluid, the secondary manual lift point, unbelievable.

The only one thing left to do is get the exhause sorted as it hangs quite low, its a powerflow one and it was fitted around and underneath the ramp casing under the body, so any decent speed bump and it catches...:eek:

Anyway, extremely happy now and have a van that seems to have a new lease of life, i swear it let out a sigh of reliefT:

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I most certainly have, mind you i have to get it down the scrappies yet, the lads left it on the drive, so god knows how im going to get it there, however if it buys a few more mods or helps towards it at least, then i shall drag the thing there...thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I most certainly have, mind you i have to get it down the scrappies yet, the lads left it on the drive, so god knows how im going to get it there, however if it buys a few more mods or helps towards it at least, then i shall drag the thing there...thanks for the reply
Call the scrappie he'll call for it and drop you a few bob!
T:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Advertise it on ebay or gumtree, theres probably some good residual value in it and plenty of companies that do conversions, someones likely to want it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts