VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to fit a top mount intercooler to my 1.9TD and it will be easier if I can ditch the EGR valve so I can rotate the inlet pipe through 180 degrees to make the pipe work fit better

I know it can be blanked off, so can't see why it just can't be removed altogether with 2 x blanking plates where the pipe from the exhaust goes to the inlet manifold?

Thanks for any help

Jay:ILU:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
best to fit a frount mount IC better cooling less heat soak more power A:A:A:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

Looks a bit messy but i have tidied it up since.
looks like the egr is still in the picture so to speak,,is it a case of turning the complete egr casting thing round a full 180 ?

iam going for the front mount in the bumper but props pipe work would route better one up either side left/right,,,can you feel the change/differance since fitting your cooler ? as some say not at all:dunno:I:,,cheers Rick

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
The picture is miss leading you a bit i think. The plate you can see is where the EGR was and the bendy pipe was removed and blanked as well. Once all that is off it is just a case of turning it around.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, so it all works ok with no probe?? Did you just blank the vac pipe that went to the egr?
Don't want to frontmount as it's too expensive, by turning the inlet throgh 180 it makes fitti g a top mount alot easier

thanks

jay :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts