VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know angel eyes for thare short nose are like rocking horse doo doo, but I have seen threads where people have put led's into their headlamps, and I have seen pictures of RussT4's angel eyes, and was wondering if anyone had thought about putting angle eye rings into their headlamps, using something like this?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-ANGEL-EYES...s_SM?hash=item5633320d1a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Anyone tried it?

I like the look of the devil eyes, and drl lights but want to do something a bit different, and cheaper!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right so looks like no-one has no thoughts, so am pretty tempted to try it, need to measure the inside of the headlight to see what size angel eye ring I would need, planning on having two in each side, anyone see a problem with the law in putting angel eye rings infront of the headlight bulbs? :confused:

Have seen circular led tubes which would be clear and let light through and probably shine a bit brighter.

If I got rings big enough could glue them into the headlight at the top and bottom against the inside of the headlight unit infront of the standard bulbs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't see a problem, law wise, because we used to have a mini that had angel eyes and that wasn't an issue.
Good luck with it, post some piccys when it done.
Laters Sid

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
ive seen them done with led's and hot glue you can do any shape or color but not sure on the law, would you be keeping the original light's?

·
Registered
73 Posts
As long as once fitted they dont affect the light pattern for an MOT i cant see HOW they would fail you...

Although i would put them on a separate switch and stick with the OEM lights for this very reason.

My two pence I:

Let everyone know how you get on!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Bumping an old thread up.
I was out today looking at the headlight thinking i would love to do a DIY with this.
The only problems i can see is splitting the glass from the headlight unit and the beam pattern.
Anyone had a go? How about DIY LED DLR lights?

·
Registered
621 Posts
you will need to put the headlights in the oven 150c for ten minutes,i know this because ive just converted some long nose angel eyes to rhd

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes mate it softens the mastic to like a almost chewing gum,then gently prise apart,then when finished need to go back in the oven so you can squeeze it all back together

·
Registered
621 Posts
i put my headlight in the oven when it was cold so the light didnt heat up to quickly,ive heared horror stories where the glass cracks when the glass is heated to quick,just take your time and good luck,if you go further down the electrical section to a thread called'anyone using fk automotive headlights' you will see my pics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts