VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically trying to save money, if I buy the carpet is it easy to fit myself or a total pain in the bum that only some kind of sadist would attempt?

Please note I am not the greatest at DIY :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Easy if you got a mate to help you and take your time I can recommend mega van mats strech carpet easy to use and great product :ILU:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I went to mega van mats. Their glue is spot on. Just remember to clean the nozzle each time b4 you spray. Or it sprays at funny angles!

Heres the drivers side.

started from the top down.

Spray both the carpet and the area to be carpeted.

you will need lots of blades (pound land snap off blades i got. dont waste money on aparent super sharp stanley blades there no sharper and blunt just as quick) .. and something to smooth it down

Be patient with tough areas like arches and corners.. and leave the areas by the rubbers to do after the bulk is stuck down stop about 4 inches away.

Be sure to leave enough top and bottom and either side to be sure.

Oh and when you do the sliding door side measure the carpet to the same size as the drivers side.. I know the sliding door side is much shorter but covering around the top of the door and pillars in one piece will look sooo much better than stop starting the carpet. You can use the excess you cut off to do the sliding door panel.

Heres a few pictures

now feel awesome. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks a nice job mate! I did mine myself, really easy to work with. I bought 2 different grades of stretch for mine, thick less strtchy for the celing and super stretchy for everything else, got it off ebay was called veltrim, did the whole van for about 80 squid. Dont use cheap glue tho! I found out the hard way and had to do the celing twice! High temp spray glue all the way! :eek:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks guys.

Have a go pal. You will be surprised how pliable the carpet is. It covers every thing! Even seat belt covers :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's just showing off now :)

I will giving it a go that's for sure. Sound deadening this weekend hopefully, insulation on payday then hopefully have enough left for carpet

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Trust me. When you do yours you wont want to stop carpeting things. Im going to do a lot of the plastics.. hand break surround.. hmmmm

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It depends what you want to do. 3.2m (LWB, -400mm for SWB) is adequate for each side with plenty of excess. 1m for tail gate.. 3m for roof. Cab ( if you want to do the floor) id say 2m and then a further 1m to do any extra un nessesary carpeting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts