VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, our van (Bertha) had some nasty grafiti which has been scratched in with a sharp implement. Bertha's previous owners attempted to remove the grafiti by scrubbing & using a heat gun. This however has made the scratching more intensive. The areas damaged are just above the glove box & on the control panel next to the fan controls. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make Bertha look pretty again. Iv'e looked at Flocking and it looks great, but we have 3 cats, who all love Bertha, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to remove cat hair from flock, I may go with that. Alternatively, would painting cover the damage? Any suggestions on what paint/make would be appreciated. We're giving her a complete make over, with a cream/black chequered theme. Cheers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't know much about it but would plasticote work? I think it sticks to most things especially if you use the primer and it covers in like a peel able layer? Never used it so I can't say for certain but I'm sure if you search it you would find reviews. Be easier to clean than flocking and no cat hair!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Plasticity is just a normal paint buddy. If you want rid you'll have to fill the scratches first. Flocking will be your best bet as once you've filled the scratches it'll hide it all better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts