VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all

I have a Kenwood DNX525DAB and all is fine in fact pleased with it, other than I went to update the Gamin map and it said I must update the firmware first.
I tried to do this but when I go to the software screen the update buttons are not active/highlighted so it cant be updated, this is before the USB stick is connected?

Any help appreciated...

SH

·
Registered
336 Posts
Put the memory stick in with the new firmware on?

Loads of hardware won't enable the update button unless it detects a new firmware is available to it. Our Golf factory Nav system is the same.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,800 Posts
I'm pretty sure phazer is right - it's been a while since I did mine but I'm fairly sure the option only appears when a device with a valid update on is detected. So it probably means that the USB stick is formatted to a filesystem that the headunit does not support.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same problem with mine I initially used a stick that had been formatted on a macbook and it wouldn't update. Reformatted it on a Windows PC and everything worked fine

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Thanks for your help, I have tried as you have said and still no joy. It could be that the version I have on the stick isn't newer than the one on there already, on the Kenwood site its show the same number but newer dates.

I will keep trying though as the map is not fully up to date and its not showing new roads!

I assume you guys have updated your maps and this is okay?

SH

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had another go at it.

It seems the main update I already have a newer version (as my unit isn't that old).
But I found that other parts of the update are for Bluetooth and DAB. I loaded these separately and they worked okay.

So my USB drive was formatted ok (FAT32) but you are right in that it will only update (or become active) if there is a newer software available and plugged in.

This still doesn't help with a map update though as that is still not available it seems.

I am happy with the DNX525DAB on the whole it took a little getting used to as there is a lot going on, but it works fine with all I do with it and I have 2 cameras etc going through it as well, just the map update>...

BTW I did contact Garmin about this and they were useless and very unhelpful!

SH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts