VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These are a 15x7et35 wheel.
I know they are not glamorous nor wide etc but they have a certain charm, however with tyres they might look rubbish.
I'm thinking with spacers and the correct tyres they may look ok, I know its subjective but does anyone have any pics of similar set up etc.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,163 Posts

These are a 15x7et35 wheel.
I know they are not glamorous nor wide etc but they have a certain charm, however with tyres they might look rubbish.
I'm thinking with spacers and the correct tyres they may look ok, I know its subjective but does anyone have any pics of similar set up etc.

Thank you
The first consideration is are they actually 'suitable' ............... with regard to style, just be a trend setter; too many sheep ;)

Photoshop them onto something (preferably a picture of your van), to get an idea of looks T:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe they will be suitable and strong enough with correct load tyres, I do not like to follow trends, its more the size, will it be lost. I have photoshopped but its the never the same in regards the way they would sit if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I do believe they will be suitable and strong enough with correct load tyres.
I buy a lottery ticket because I believe one day I will win :)

With regards to the load rating, if you don't know for certain (caught sight of the TUV certificate, or a letter from Mercedes Benz) then you don't know anything ................... please do check.

Too many people think putting the correctly load rated tyres on wheels, magically makes the wheels correctly load rated too. That just does not happen LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I buy a lottery ticket because I believe one day I will win :)

Too many people think putting the correctly load rated tyres on wheels, magically makes the wheels correctly load rated too. That just does not happen LOL:LOL:LOL:
Alright mate, chill out, I wasn't asking a question regarding health and safety T:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I do believe they will be suitable and strong enough with correct load tyres, I do not like to follow trends, its more the size, will it be lost. I have photoshopped but its the never the same in regards the way they would sit if you know what i mean.
The following is aimed at food for thought and not anything else, the wheels will probably look fine on the van, alloys always improve things.

"Believing" they are suitable and "knowing" they are suitable are two different things. Insurance companies will only look one way when deciding to pay out.

In the event of a crash ( and because insurers know our vans are extensively modified) they will check out every tiny change from original spec' before paying out.

If someone is seriously or permanently injured, and your insurance will not cover you, compensation culture could be financially catastrophic........it could be that serious.

Sorry for being so health and safety but Im a worrier, Im getting treatment for it though :) H:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THink they look rubbish anyway ! why have anything other than VW wheels on a VW ?I:
I wasn't asking for an opinion on the look of the wheels thanks...

O and a little suggestion, maybe you should open your mind a little. Theres a big world out there!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hi mate.

I think they look pretty old skool! :ILU: could you replace the centers?

Dont worry about the nay sayers.

How often do you hear of these tall tales occuring? I think a degree of common sense applies here. If you want to live bubble wrapped up then thats cool, but lets get clear things up and say theres far more glamorous ways of living on the edge than outlandish behaviour when it comes specifics on wheel/tyre arrangements on a vehicle.

"Trust me life is a lot more enjoyable without being covered in bubble wrap. I dont come round popping your bubbles, so dont come trying to wrap me up in it"- me

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi mate.

I think they look pretty old skool! :ILU: could you replace the centers?

Dont worry about the nay sayers.

How often do you hear of these tall tales occuring? I think a degree of common sense applies here. If you want to live bubble wrapped up then thats cool, but lets get clear things up and say theres far more glamorous ways of living on the edge than outlandish behaviour when it comes specifics on wheel/tyre arrangements on a vehicle.

"Trust me life is a lot more enjoyable without being covered in bubble wrap. I dont come round popping your bubbles, so dont come trying to wrap me up in it"- me

You think your fine then suddenly your not and the whole world you used to enjoy surrounds you in ruins - fine to do what you want & live how you want but don't put other people's lives at risk for the sake of an attitude...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You think your fine then suddenly your not and the whole world you used to enjoy surrounds you in ruins - fine to do what you want & live how you want but don't put other people's lives at risk for the sake of an attitude...
Yeah.. because im risking everyones lives. Seriously...? Must take the sythes off the wheels then.

Remind me never to cross a road again just incase an elephants leg hanging from the noddy car going by spontaniusly combusts and the smoke rises up and knocks some birds unconcious, i then subsequently trip on said birds and fall down an open manhole.

There some people on here with very strong opinions on this, probly just waiting for people to ask about wheels just so they can comment about how said wheels is dangerous and shouldnt do this or that and sayiing that there risking everyones skin. Good luck to them. Ive already said its about common sense, so get that bubble wrap away from me.

Theres people out there dropping bombs on hospitals and children, isnt there a forum you can have a pop at real people taking and risking lives? Maybe you do already..? No?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts