VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm lowering my lwb van this weekend,got set of 2 jamex 55mm springs, and gonna adjust the front in the usual way, not got shox tho, how much of a necessity is it to change them, and do front and back need doing, also do i need to get camber/tracking done straight away, as i might have to do 2 trips, around 300 mile total (to work on monday, home on friday) and then get it all adjusted the week after.
pretty empty at the mo in the back although it will have full camping inner soon.
cheers
smudge
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Step away from the Jamex, they are dogs:*t. No strength in them, any weight in the back and well, they ain't up to it.

They ain't that cheap for nothing, you get wot ya pay for

·
Registered
11 Posts
If not Jamex which springs do you recommend? Any ideas on the shocks I have only found the Koni solution that includes springs but its about £1K ouch.

10,824 Posts
I brought 60mm springs of ade at T4SRus and they are superb carried a full load and i mean full and they coped perfect think they are about £99 and i'm still running standard shocks and no camber adjustment 2000 miles later and all is fine T:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You can get away with lowering using springs and standard shocks and no tracking. It's worth going for a good quality spring though,do a search,plenty of info on here. With tracking I'd be more concerned about getting the caster right than the camber as lowering my van 60mm seems to have lightened my steering quite a bit and the wheel can get twitchy if I brake hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts