VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondered if these cast aftermarket manifolds that are now available for the AXD/AXE engine flow as well as the stainless oe one?, my concern is the wall thickness of a cast manifold is usually thicker and as the mounting studs are at a fixed distance apart you could end up with smaller ports going into the manifold.

My oe manifold cracked and was replaced by VW about 20-30k ago, the only reason I am asking these questions is because I may upgrade my 130 with a 174 turbo and so that would be the time also to upgrade the manifold etc.

Any views on this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I got one from Darkside Developments last year for my 130 and have been very pleased with it. It's good quality, came with all the gaskets and studs you'll need and fitted perfectly. I did have a look at the ports before it went on and there's no difference in size. And, once it was fitted, I didn't notice any loss in performance.

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
If you've got it all in bits it wont hurt to match them up. Turbo manifold performance is as much about preserving pulse energy as minimising pressure loss so don't worry about taking out huge amounts of material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts