VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I pulled out to overtake a tractor the other week and the van went into limp home home mode, no power, flashing coil light etc.

Turned the engine off, waited a few minutes, engine back on and all was fine.

VAGCOM says

18047 - Accelerator Position Sensor 1/2 (G79/G185): Implausible Signal
P1639 - 35-00 - -

and

01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

Running the checks on VAGCOM show that the pedal reading is 0-100% and it has driven fine since.

This is the one and only time I've had this problem. Checking the forum there seems to be a few causes, either damp in the ECU, corrosion in the connectors, or problems in the wiring loom to/from the pedal pot.

But... I have recently had cruise control fitted. Is there any chance this could have caused the problem? I've done a couple of thousand miles since it was fitted with no problems.

Also are the two faults linked?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi there my mate washed his engine off with a pressure washer so i could take a look at it to find his oil leak and on his way to mine it did the the same as yours the accelorator pedal did not work and went in to limp mode :(

after a week or so it has sort it self out :)

im put it down to the ecu getting damp

david

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got it again - on the M4 in one of the rain storms last week.

Need to get this sorted now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
washed my engine at the weekend and had the same problem for a day. let it dry over night and it seems to be fine. some posts mention the throttle potentiometer:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts