VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to clean my engine bay today as I had a massive oil explosion when the inlet pipe to the turbo came off and noticed that this blue plug had a wire hanging loose.

Don't know if it was like this before I stuck my arm in or not but no idea where it's supposed to go. The other end is attached to this

If anybody would be able to help it would be much appreciated. Many thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That's the reverse light sensor (the grubby black plug in bottom photo that is). It switches the reverse light on when reverse is engaged.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's the reverse light sensor (the grubby black plug in bottom photo that is). It switches the reverse light on when reverse is engaged.
absolutely as you said

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re-soldered the wires to the reverse sensor and had to cut off the blue plug and solder the blue wire straight to the wire going to the altenator. All seems to be ok for now (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok next question, is this pipe supposed to be plugged in or is it just a surplus connection? sorry for all the questions , it's the first time I've had a good look from underneath the engine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can't seem to find any connectors anywhere near it that aren't plugged in. By the looks of it it's never been plugged in. I take it this is bad?!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the van converted to a golf engine from a 2.4 , so used parts form a 1.9td and obviously the golf. Guessing they must have unplugged it then. Bugger. It's been running for the last 3 years without it working. What is a worst case scenario, that the engine overheats and goes bang?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts