VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've had a caravelle with twin sliding passenger doors converted. The kitchen pod with a 3 way fridge backs up against the sliding door on the passenger side.

Has anyone solved the problem of where/how to position the fridge flue/ vent? My mechanic initially tried venting it through the floor but this led to overheating and strong smell of unburnt gas.
Any/all help/advice greatly appriciated!
Thanks in advance.
Rob

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,169 Posts
The best option might be to switch to 12V compressor fridge?

Do you want to still be able to open that door? i imagine so otherwise could just cut a hole and treat same as if it were a fixed panel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying :). I'm keeping the compressor option asa last resort fix as I already have the 3 way already in place. Idealy I'd like to keep the door functional as I had the kitchen unit built with doors in the back to allow access from outside so that gas and water containers can be changed easily from outside.
My mechanic is currently exploring the pros and cons of having an extended flue pipe running from the fridge past the door to a vent sited on the fixed panel next to the door but I just wondered if anyone on here had encountered this problem on here already.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,169 Posts
If you do find a solution, please post it up T:

I do exactly the same with my second door A: ideal for water change and empty:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts