VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently become the owner of a t4 800 special 1998 SWB with tailgate and passenger side sliding door.

I'm looking to replace the ply lining in the back of it as it's not original and was done very roughly.

Ideally I was wondering if anyone has dxf / CAD files for the original VW ply lining kit - or knows where I can get them from? I have access to CNC equipment and it would be ideal to cut out the panels this way including the locations of the original ply fixings.

This is entirely for personal use I'm not able to use the CNC for more than that anyway.

I would buy a ply lining kit, but my location in Northern Ireland means the cost of shipping is impossible.

Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

certainly if I could get very precise drawings I could create the templates on CAD myself, but I don't know if such detailed drawings exist or are available?

I've looked through the thread you mentioned but I can't see any links to the drawings mentioned there - perhaps they have been removed? also any pictures are just showing the photobucket 'please update your account' message.

thanks for trying to help, I'm not sure if others might have direct links to the drawings available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

many thanks for your trying to help me with this Geodawg!

Yes I can see the pictures now - it looks like they would give me the basic info I need for the side and roof panels (although I'm still missing the hole positions), it would be handy if I could get them in a higher resolution, it's hard to make out some of the dimensions.

Does anyone know what book they are from and if it's possible to source a copy?

Also are there any floor plan dimensions as these are still missing?

It is strange it seems CNC ply lining companies my way won't ply line for anything older than about 2003... but neither does anyone seem to have any archive info for the t4 ply lining dimensions.

Maybe I will just be forced to make up some kind of paper templates myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts