VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah they are 'superlook' from vanstyle linked above. I have the 18" ones. :ILU:

·
Registered
485 Posts
On the Brick Yard T5 forum a few guys had really bad experiences with Van Style wheel quality and customer service, I can't remember exactly what was said but I would never buy from them. Just a heads up T:

·
Registered
703 Posts
From what I understand its only the Black Diamond Stilauto wheels that can be a problem as the finish on them is fairly fragile in UK winter, salty road driving conditions. I'd say the construction of the wheels is excellent and could really tell the difference between them and the copy Audi wheels we had on the van previous. We bought some Stilauto Black Diamond finish wheels for a T4 we had a few years back but Vanstyle advised of the fragile finish prior to purchase. Turns out that ours lasted very well but I did clean them regular. Not heard of any issues with the Superlook (silver) ones and had considered a set for my T5 but went for Range Rover OEM wheels instead, but only because they are a lot cheaper second hand on ebay. I'd say go for it as they look the nuts. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
On the Brick Yard T5 forum a few guys had really bad experiences with Van Style wheel quality and customer service, I can't remember exactly what was said but I would never buy from them. Just a heads up T:
I have just tried fitting a pair of sidebars from Vanstyle and am really unimpressed. Missing bolts, other bolts the wrong length. The mounting brackets hold the bars in a way so there is a big gap between the bars and the body and I am having to use extra long bolts with nuts as spacers to raise them up. Wouldn't go through them again unless I had no other choice.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Can a moderator move this post about sidebars to the right area (customising / modding) so it will be seen by others as this is the 2nd story of this type about this supplier I've seen this week.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts