VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when it comes to buying and selling a van does the colour affect the buying price and then the selling price. more unusual colours like the rac and aa vans with the orange and yellow. personaly i realy like the orange on the rac vans but wondered if you put all the time and effort into a camper convertion would it not be to everyones cup of tea as a camper,

anyone have any views on this.

cheers

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you put time into a van why sale it but I would say colour make a big affect a vans value I would never get green car/van

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
I would allso say it's a big factor as it will interest different buyers and the less personal you make it the bigger market

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
It makes a difference to the retali price, so it therefor has a knock on to the used price.

Here are the prices of the optional paint upgrades from factory white.

www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk said:
Metallic and pearl £594.00
Black – £354.00
Danish blue – £ 354.00
Grey white – £354.00
Stone blue – £354.00
Tornado red – £354.00

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Yes it does.
It even says so at the front of Glasses and CAP

If you want to PX a van in say yellow or base red under 3 years old I would be taking 10 - 15 % from value of CAP for this
White not so bad but harder to sale especially to a retail market
Black and silver + 5%
Green no change
Non metallic green minus - 15%
Base colours all a minus really even the non metallic blue - 5%

·
Registered
215 Posts
mmm thats what i thought. i personaly like the orange but im taking it i should be looking at getting a better deal if its an unusual colour.
To be honest I've bought and sold prob 40 ish t4s and 5s and had all sorts of colours had a few yellow aa ones that sold like hot cakes. my opinion is everyone likes different things so I may love a colour and the next person hate. So whatever you do there will be people out there that love it to.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Good point n the yellow vans
I used to have to go to auction once a week
Now its once in a blue moon so it
proves that you need to be current.
Yellow vans used to be a nightmare
but sell well now.

I will ring you when I get a yellow one next ;)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I suppose it depends on the market the vehicle is for. The commercial work vans market, whits, silvers etc will be best but for the pimp surf bus type of thing a bit more of a daring colour will be fine. Campers i think again more subtle colours but silver seems to win in all cases. Its given me a bit to think about.

Cheers for the input....Back to the hunt....

·
Registered
244 Posts
I love orange vans!! But then again i should really!! I:

If you want to stand out from the crowd be different!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts