VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the last couple of months I've been wondering what direction to go with our van.
Now its far from the cleanest van but I quite like the rat look etc... and thought for me the best road to go down was to stick a set of banded steels on ( don't go there for the people that now the story!?) and some side bars.
Get the scabby bits repaired on the body and gently look after her in that way.

So down I go to my very competent well respected body shop. "how much to do all the scabby bits on my van please" I say

"Well...screen out, This, That, This and the other. your looking at £1000 mate.

MMMM not too far away from what I had in my mind....

" Course, your not too far away from a full respray are you" he says...

Noooooooo!

A very good friend of mine has just had two vans done by these people and they look amazing.

So now I'm contemplating a super cool mint van in an amazingly different colour never been seen before with new wheels.

And I only went down for a little bit of body work! LOL:

·
Registered
805 Posts
So over the last couple of months I've been wondering what direction to go with our van.
Now its far from the cleanest van but I quite like the rat look etc... and thought for me the best road to go down was to stick a set of banded steels on ( don't go there for the people that now the story!?) and some side bars.
Get the scabby bits repaired on the body and gently look after her in that way.

So down I go to my very competent well respected body shop. "how much to do all the scabby bits on my van please" I say

"Well...screen out, This, That, This and the other. your looking at £1000 mate.

MMMM not too far away from what I had in my mind....

" Course, your not too far away from a full respray are you" he says...

Noooooooo!

A very good friend of mine has just had two vans done by these people and they look amazing.

So now I'm contemplating a super cool mint van in an amazingly different colour never been seen before with new wheels.

And I only went down for a little bit of body work! LOL:
it never stops, 2 year since i painted my van and some bits will need done again before the summer, then when you finish doing everything else, you will start redoing stuff you have all ready doneI:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
it never stops, 2 year since i painted my van and some bits will need done again before the summer, then when you finish doing everything else, you will start redoing stuff you have all ready doneI:
Absolutely ditto to this. Prepare to be permanently skint.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't say that, in not a million miles away from completing my list, deliveries are now becoming a nuisance at my parents house and I'll always scared to look at the bank! It surely can't go in like this lol!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My issue is I always seem to be repairing or fixing stuff and hardly spending anything on the stuff I want!

Love my van though! funny isn't it. Anything else would be sold or upgraded but they hold a special place in our wallets...I mean hearts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
LOL: I thought I'd start with that rather than crying. Exhaust went January 1st....clutch now gone and I know for a fact it needs both rear calipers and discs replaced before the MOT in March. Oh and four tyres....apart from that....I was going to put a full vogtland suspension kit on through choice. I'm doing the lottery every week from now on. Any one want to buy a kidney? I:

Chin up guys T:

Pete

·
Registered
805 Posts
LOL: I thought I'd start with that rather than crying. Exhaust went January 1st....clutch now gone and I know for a fact it needs both rear calipers and discs replaced before the MOT in March. Oh and four tyres....apart from that....I was going to put a full vogtland suspension kit on through choice. I'm doing the lottery every week from now on. Any one want to buy a kidney? I:

Chin up guys T:

Pete
kidney paid for my eberspacherLOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts