VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read quite a bit on the wheels section as I am looking to pop a set of 18s on my 2000model T4 and wondered if the upgrade from standard 15's to 18's would knock my speedo out ??

I've also read quite a few peeps have fitted landrover or rangerover wheels to their vans, are they just compatible with the T5 or can they go on a T4 without too much work?? I'm aware you can fit any wheels on anything more or less if you're prepared to make the mods, just wanting a nice set of 18's with a 40mm drop in suspension, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

*<:)>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I suspected.... I'm not too concerned however as I'm not one for thrashing about in the van, I save that for the bikes !!!

I'll have to have a check against the GPS to be sure but I think my speedo is showing about 4 -5 mph fast at 70mph at the moment so might just bring it back in line a bit !!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply...

:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I've recently fitted 215/70/16 tyres on merc vito 16" steels, which increases the diameter by about 25mm.

In the past, when at 50mph on the clocks, the satnav has said 47-48.
Now, when at 50mph on the clocks, the satnav says 52.

Obviously that isnt an exact measurement, but it does show that you need to be more vigilant with regards to speed limits and speed cameras. Im unsure as to whether it's worth being concerned about extra strain being put on the clutch though.

I definitely noticed an increase in fuel economy though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts