VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

661 - 680 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had the "Knock" about a year after i purchased the van new, i put a post up here if anyone had had the same problem, a few people posted they had , after a while the knock dissapeared. I later had another noise on the front but thats another story.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The fix is official

I have just spoken to somebody I know in vw and they have had a TPI 2040732/1
It come out on the 23rd June
At present vw have limited parts and are starting at the top of the list of who reported it first

So expect a phone call from vw as we all know the knock will be ok as the weather is hot
A few cold days in autum it will be back and annoying

I would like to thank fabric interiors for starting the thread

Let's hope this will work

Who evere gets there one done first please give some feed back

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just had our 2013 Kombi in at JCB Eurovans, Crawley for its first service and had mentioned we had experienced the steering knock when I booked it in, I was pleasantly surprised when they told me they would keep the van for an extra day, ordered the parts and fitted the new column.
Brilliant service!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My Turn.

After nearly 2 years got a call from VW yesterday to say they had identified the fault and issued a warranty repair.

Mine was in for a service in the week and Mr VW was surprised that the dealer did not mention it. Whatever he would book it in for me or let, just wants me to call back and let them know it has been done.

·
Registered
601 Posts
About time this got sorted ...i had a phone call friday to book it in for a replacement column, its going in wednesday ,i had got used to it after all this time ,to the point where id forgotten about it I:

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
About time this got sorted ...i had a phone call friday to book it in for a replacement column, its going in wednesday ,i had got used to it after all this time ,to the point where id forgotten about it I:
It's definitely a problem related to temperature. Mine disappeared in summer to return during the middle of winter. I also had a phone call and have mine scheduled to be changed next month whilst it's being serviced.
Nearly fell over when they told me it's been sorted😃

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It's definitely a problem related to temperature. Mine disappeared in summer to return during the middle of winter. I also had a phone call and have mine scheduled to be changed next month whilst it's being serviced.
Nearly fell over when they told me it's been sorted😃
Oh no it isn't. Mine knocked summer and winter.

Anyhow problem fixed. VW warranty recall last week. Now steering is noticeably sharper. A:

·
Registered
47 Posts
They happily replaced steering column parts immediately with the warning it would return. It did. This is BEFORE the fix. I'm awaiting the call from the dealer to have it done.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
Been real busy with work hence no updates. As previously stated a TPI was issued and this should a replacement part under warranty.

Booked in with a different dealer to have the faulty part replaced. My local dealership just play dumb. They won't see my van again.

Hope this is a permanent fix to cure the clunking T:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Is this fix covered for all t5.1's or only those still under warranty?
Its not on the DVSA recall web site so it may only be those notified under warranty rather than a general recall so far.

However worth taking it into your dealer if you have the problem. As it is a dodgy steering joint they / VW may do it anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Steering knock on 2013 T30 Kombi first reported 18 months ago to VW, FIXED in Cardiff today (16.09.15). And so far, so good. Fair play to VW for eventually sorting something that could have been left as the months and years rolled by and the T6 was launched.

Interestingly, the chap at Sinclair, what done the work under warranty, said only S Wales vans have the fault. This was news to me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Multivan LHD LWB 180 DSG 4motion JUNE 2010
Had van for 2 years now and only notice the clicking / knocking with the 18" 255's fitted. OK with the winter 17" 235's.
Not reported it, should I?
Thanks
Julian

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
Yes no more knock/clunk dazzy4 this is how it should have been :) covered 500 miles so far :)

Big trip this weekend and will add another 600 so we will see.

Just hope the T5 is not on the dodgy emissions list

I:

661 - 680 of 716 Posts