VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting my hands on a decent dog guard to go behind the rear seat in our T4 Caravelle SWB.

My wife works for Doodle Trust (formerly Labradoodle Trust) and often transports dogs of varying sizes up and down the country in our daily driver T4. This means the seats get ditched and the van gets scruffy very quickly. It costs me a fortune when I fork out to get it cleaned.

I'm thinking of making the interior a nicer place to be as the seats have wear and carpets need a proper deep clean so floor mats and seat covers are on the shopping list. Any recommendations welcomed

Also has anyone seen a tough, removable dog guard that could be fitted and removed for these vans?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Saunders appear to be the only people who list a dog guard for the T4/Caravelle, but it appears to be of the type that you 'spring' into place between floor and roof.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/dog-guards/saunders_tubular_steel_dog_guard_no_vcst4_t4_/[email protected],6M43u6Ryc2`zTsY3{SjBocmopvAytz`bEsAqy.P.c7R1xUCCaEN3aM}dpsnFhYhIhn5rQY1a2eEpETJL
Personally I've never had much luck with this type of guard (although I've no experience of the Saunders one); our extra bouncy black labs always managed to knock them out of place - I would imagine loopy Doodles would be the same unless you can position it right up against the step behind the seats where a bulkhead normally goes.
There are a few companies about who will custom build guards and cages if you don't mind shelling out the cash............

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saunders appear to be the only people who list a dog guard for the T4/Caravelle, but it appears to be of the type that you 'spring' into place between floor and roof.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/dog-guards/saunders_tubular_steel_dog_guard_no_vcst4_t4_/[email protected],6M43u6Ryc2`zTsY3{SjBocmopvAytz`bEsAqy.P.c7R1xUCCaEN3aM}dpsnFhYhIhn5rQY1a2eEpETJL
Personally I've never had much luck with this type of guard (although I've no experience of the Saunders one); our extra bouncy black labs always managed to knock them out of place - I would imagine loopy Doodles would be the same unless you can position it right up against the step behind the seats where a bulkhead normally goes.
There are a few companies about who will custom build guards and cages if you don't mind shelling out the cash............
Thanks for that MrBus.

I have come to the same conclusion with the Saunders guard. We also have a large Great Dane so I don't think springs and 2 flimsy straps will cut it.

I see VW offered one with a divider for the T5. Might have to get something similar made up custom.

Just seems silly in such a popular bus.

·
Registered
564 Posts
those ones on roofbox look pretty good and good price to, need one for my three herberts 2 shepards and a wait for it -zu, yes i know, what is going on here not mine the wifes sht-zu the shepards are mine I:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts