VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Donnington this weekend for the Annual Road Trip with my ******* son to the Off Road Show; anyone else going so we can talk vans rather than Land Rover parts A:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi yes I'll be there all day. I have a tricked up Jimny as well as the T5.
I run an AV company and we are providing equipment to RAM Auto Design (Rockwatt) for their stand as a favour.... might be a roll cage on their stand that will go home with me afterwards :D

There is a camper conversion company exhibiting as they are now doing a full camper conversion for Land Rover 110's.

I'll be wandering around wearing black with 'Code Audio Visual' logo on.... mate owns 'Bits4Vits' so he'll have his T shirt on too.... will do a lot of lounging around the RAM stand i suppose.

so keep an eye out !

Gary

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Gary, My lad is currently rebuilding a Comp Spec Challenge Motor on Portals so it's a annual pilgrimage for bits that we can't get up here in Scotland.

I'll bring you boys down a Scotch Pie fae ur dinner :eek:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Portal challenge truck, awesome. I'm afraid I like the simpler quieter time of green laning, although the Jimny is fairly well modified.
ARB winch bumper and 9500lb winch
32" tyres
3" lift
Custom built regeared Suzuki SJ (not jimny !) transfer case complete with props etc so the gearing is righ in high range for the big tyres and 80% lower in low range for rock crawling !
Locking diffs
Snorkel etc...

Bought it new in 2004, drove straight to mates garage for lift kit so the first time the wife saw it it was jacked up with big tyres :D
went laning next day and trashed a few bits !

some blogs here:http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewBlogs&archive&year=2014
can change the year to see other blogs, some are just my mates daily ramblings, others are cracking days out in the lakes, wales, derbyshire etc.

Gets expensive having two modified vehicles :D

Gary

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hope he has very deep pockets ! its a very expensive sport now, in essence you need something as fast as a rally car but able to climb huge rock steps, mad mad sport !

Gary

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope he has very deep pockets ! its a very expensive sport now, in essence you need something as fast as a rally car but able to climb huge rock steps, mad mad sport !Gary
Aye that's true; he has already realised that he will have to limit his ambitions to suit his finances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts