VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloody oven has just blown up, big style!!

Missus screamed, I ran down stairs, she said oven went bang, then she saw flames!!:confused:

I said how can there be flames, it is electric???:* :* :*

Stripped it down, and heating element has decided that it did not like being circular anymore, and melted itself into a very hot snotty heap.

I am now hoping that it hasnt done anymore damage, at this lovely joyous time of year!I: (bah bloody humbugRasp:)

Rant over. *<:)>

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oooohhhh dear, it gets worse.

Found and ordered a replacement element on tinter web, not here for 3-5 days.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Will not know if it is damaged anymore, until I can put it in. So just got to wait now:(

And to top it all off, when I dragged the oven out (built in type) I had to put it on something, as it is very heavy, so pulled dining table across kitchen, put a couple of table cloths on to protect, and went about stripping downI: I: I:

Went to put oven back in hole until part turns up, and 2 x big deep grooves in dining table:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cant wait to give missus the good news when she comes home!!!I:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooohh well, that went down like a fart in an astronaut suit!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am hiding in the bed room until she calms down a bit...I: I: I:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops ! looks like someones going to be buying bigger xmas pressies this year for forgivness !
Not a chance!!! Apparently, it's my fault that everything is going wrong!:eek: :eek: :eek: FFS:* :* :*

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3 - 5 days delivery ? 3 - 5 days of takeaways then, mmm might go and blow mine up T:
Like your thinking, but now beginning to think she rigged it, she did say the other day that she was bored of cooking!I:

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
Bloody oven has just blown up, big style!!

Missus screamed, I ran down stairs, she said oven went bang, then she saw flames!!:confused:

I said how can there be flames, it is electric???:* :* :*

Stripped it down, and heating element has decided that it did not like being circular anymore, and melted itself into a very hot snotty heap.

I am now hoping that it hasnt done anymore damage, at this lovely joyous time of year!I: (bah bloody humbugRasp:)

Rant over. *<:)>
Get a grip of yourself and man up a bit its not like your head was in it at the time of explosion :D

ps hope your all ok cupcake :p

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Feel for you bud, now get down the chippy! LOL:
Luckily, missus had just made lasagne, so round to the neighbours I went to borrow their ovenI:

Lucky it didn't catch fire properly *<:)>
Never thought of that, who would I have called if it had?I:
Get a grip of yourself and man up a bit its not like your head was in it at the time of explosion :D

ps hope your all ok cupcake :p
This diet must really be messing with your mind cupcakeI:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
A womans philosaphy...... When a man stands alone in a forest and utters one word, any word, he's still wrong. :*:*:*

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
This diet must really be messing with your mind cupcakeI:
All joking aside are you sure the missus didnt rig the said oven to explode because she has been dropping hints as you say about being bored with cooking prehaps you were meant to be at the cooker door when the exploding element went up

Tell me has she also been spilling lots of water or even left a bucket of water by the oven if she has did she ever suggest you stand in it whist using the oven

As for my mind mate its doing overtime at the minute go careful if you spot any bare electrical wires coming your way when your next in the bath and prehaps you better hide all sharp knives until we work out if your good lady is trying to do you in :D

For the record i could understand if she was and would go out of my way to encourage her to make sure that your insurance is up to date :D

·
Registered
981 Posts
Went to put oven back in hole until part turns up, and 2 x big deep grooves in dining table:eek: :eek: :eek:
Just keep a cloth on the table permanentlyI:
Using a hot iron and wet cloth can steam out small dents but may not do much for the finish:*:*

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
all joking aside are you sure the missus didnt rig the said oven to explode because she has been dropping hints as you say about being bored with cooking prehaps you were meant to be at the cooker door when the exploding element went up

tell me has she also been spilling lots of water or even left a bucket of water by the oven if she has did she ever suggest you stand in it whist using the oven

as for my mind mate its doing overtime at the minute go careful if you spot any bare electrical wires coming your way when your next in the bath and prehaps you better hide all sharp knives until we work out if your good lady is trying to do you in :d

for the record i could understand if she was and would go out of my way to encourage her to make sure that your insurance is up to date :d
lol: Lol: Lol: Lol: Lol: Lol: Lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts