VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what options there have been over the years for door cards and the different finishes on them.

Can the upholstered arm rest sections on Caravelle door cards be removed, and if so can they be retrofitted to bog standard transporter door cards :*?

I'm sure I have also seen leather covered door pull handles, but can't remember if these were official VW or some that had been customised.

Any pictures showing the various options please post up T:

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone shed any light on wether the Caravelle arm pads can be retro fitted to transporter door cards please?:*

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
audiosport kel on here makes them.
Hi tonic cheers for the info.
I've have had a look on audiosport kel's website but all he makes is replacement door pockets with speaker pods built in.

What I would like some info on is if the upholstered arm rest section found on Caravelle door cards can be removed, reupholstered and then retro fitted onto bog standard transporter door cards.

10,824 Posts
Hi tonic cheers for the info.
I've have had a look on audiosport kel's website but all he makes is replacement door pockets with speaker pods built in.

What I would like some info on is if the upholstered arm rest section found on Caravelle door cards can be removed, reupholstered and then retro fitted onto bog standard transporter door cards.
Can't see why not :*

Kel does do them, just don't advertise them on the site but he has them in the shop T:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm interested as well. Been looking at doing mine for ages but had no luck in finding someone. Can I remove them and post them to you (audiosport)?

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is what we did last summer, well anne did most cos she,s little manipulitive fingers for awkward bits, just acoustic cloth from ebay and a few tins of high temp glue spray. While they were off i treated inside of doors with a good dose of waxoyle and uderseal then once dry a few sheets of fattmatt sound deading material. Took about 4 hours to cover the panels and that includes inside the pockets too, deadenend alot of noise that for sure, speakers sound better tooT:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
This is what we did last summer, well anne did most cos she,s little manipulitive fingers for awkward bits, just acoustic cloth from ebay and a few tins of high temp glue spray. While they were off i treated inside of doors with a good dose of waxoyle and uderseal then once dry a few sheets of fattmatt sound deading material. Took about 4 hours to cover the panels and that includes inside the pockets too, deadenend alot of noise that for sure, speakers sound better tooT:

i like the cab sound proofing has it made a big differance to the road noise?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah it has, factory rubber mat on top then full cab carpet including arches on top of that, 70mph is like what it used to be at 55mph, you need to do doors for best effect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts