VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

Stumped!!

Just been refitting things to the van after a respray and locked the van yeasterday and come out to it this morning and i can't open the drivers door from the outside! Key almost turns all the way but don't wanna force it too much for fear of breaking the key. Can get in via passenger side and when i pull up the door lock pin, it won't quite pull up enough to open the door. I think something maybe caught or bent in the mechanism so door card needs to come off....how the heck can i get the card off without opening the door??????

Help! :*

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
if you are gentle,you can pop the door handle off from inside(opening handle,not door pull),without damage,then you will see a rod for the handle,going to the mechanism,push the rod forward,and hopefully it will open T:

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not the problem...its the fact it won't unlock! Gonna remove the drivers seat and see if i can get the door card off. Need to get to the lock mechanism. fun fun fun... :(

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All sorted now!! Yeah i'd tried pulling the pin up from inside while trying the inside handle etc and nothing worked! I managed to get the door rubber seal off while the door was closed which left 'just' enough room to get the door card off! Took the lock apart and a small piece was bent!?! Bent it back and greased it all up and problem solved! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts