VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a T4 888 thats a long project but I'm finally getting there with it. Im after doing the door cards in the cab, Id like to get a set of the black door pulls and handles release too.
Now i can find the door release handles but the door pulls i can't find anywhere. Im after a new set in black to match the handles any ideas?

Also anyone recommend some one that would re-trim my door cards too?

I had a look a while back and there were loads about but now none at all

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm going to do my cards and handles next week. Seen the fairly new product called plasti-dip. Basically a rubber spray in all sorts of colours, textures and finishes. If it's as good as it looks on videos it will be the next big thing plus if you don't like it just peel it off. Mates done his cards in black and they look great even up close. Going to do black cards and green handles to go with my colour theme. I'll try and get some before and after photos up. Works fantastic on plastic.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good but ideally i wanted to buy some new ones i can't believe these have just vanished

·
Registered
386 Posts
Spent all weekend spraying cards black and handles different colour. Put it all together this morning and hated it. :eek:. Ripped the lot off. Not for me. Great stuff don't get me wrong but you've got to be very careful where you use it. Anywhere that has a lot of finger traffic it's not so good, marks very easy and impossible to clean.:*

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Sounds good but ideally i wanted to buy some new ones i can't believe these have just vanished
Lots of trim parts have been obsolete for a while now, and will continue to become invisible. It will takea friendly main dealer a few moments to check availability (and that will include TPS).

Maybe try heritage or if you have part numbers (individual will be on there but the two parts for the door pull are sold as one), or you can try classic parts in Germany T:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have been looking for the same items for ages, can not find anything new anywhere :-( so if anyone knows where to get some I would be very interested as mine are decaying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts