VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been trying to replace the little plastic door linkage clips on our sliding door, as the current ones have broken and thus prevent the door from functioning as the rods are not held in place.

I ordered ebay item number 223058927351, which looked liked exactly what I needed. However when they turned up, they are slightly too big for our mechanism(s). I've tried to find alternatives, but they all list the same part number as this ebay item (171837199).

Does anyone know where I can find the smaller sized clips please!?

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought them from VW commercial dealer a few months ago. My problem was that there are 2 sizes used on the front doors (with central locking) and the ones from ebay were small. The bigger size from VW wasn't cheap at about 40p for each but I only needed one so not bad. Ended up ordering 5 as was embarrassed ordering just one! I am sure I'll need the others one day. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I didn't actually consider trying a main dealer, do they stock parts as old as this (or are these parts actually still used in newer vans?)!?

After cali campers said they didn't have stock of them, I ended up (somewhat wastefully) ordering 3 more different ebay item listings and luckily one of them was the right size!

This was the part I needed: VW T4 TRANSPORTER REAR DOOR LINKAGE CLIPS LOCK CONNECTOR ROD LATCH CATCH x 3 | eBay

I managed to fit it after work and now have a working door again!! I recorded a video of the process, so hopefully I'll get round to putting it up on YouTube.
(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts