VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting some 6" speakers in my front doors, i read somewhere about piggy backing off the dash speaker connections? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
i would if i were you the reason being if you wired them in parallel (joining the 2 + together and the 2 - together) you would create a 2ohm resistance which your headunit wouldn't like and if you connected them in series which gets even more complicated which is were you connect the + from the headunit to the first speaker +then join the - from the first speaker to the + on the second speaker and the - from the second speaker back to the headunit this will give you 8oms resistance which your headunit will not like unless you are going to run an amp that is 2 ohm stable i would fit 6" mid range and tweeters fitting the tweeters where the dash speakers are hope this helps

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
i would if i were you the reason being if you wired them in parallel (joining the 2 + together and the 2 - together) you would create a 2ohm resistance which your headunit wouldn't like and if you connected them in series which gets even more complicated which is were you connect the + from the headunit to the first speaker +then join the - from the first speaker to the + on the second speaker and the - from the second speaker back to the headunit this will give you 8oms resistance which your headunit will not like unless you are going to run an amp that is 2 ohm stable i would fit 6" mid range and tweeters fitting the tweeters where the dash speakers are hope this helps
Spotty dotty on me old mate T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts