VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so I've got my lovely new door wedge painted up and my replacement slider rail ready to fit to the van.
I'm sure I've seen it said on here that I can remove and refit my rail without removing the door completely?
I've searched and searched on here and Google, to no avail. All the stuff I'm finding describes removing the door, which I want to avoid.

Would really appreciate a couple of tips on the steps needed to do this as quickly and easily as possible, if anyone has done this before.
I'm sure I've read a quick method which just involved moving the door along at a certain point in the procedure - but I forgot to bookmark the post, and now I can't find it.
Would rather ask first, before going outside and ruining my door, and/or getting squashed underneath it, and/or becoming impaled on any given part of my falling door etc etc I:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Someone stick a link up, there's probably quite a few of us that would like to know how this is done.

·
Registered
621 Posts
fitted mine the other day,no need to take the door off,i managed to do mine with the door open a few inches and i wedged a skateboard between bottom of door and the side bar lol:ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
621 Posts
of it finished or while i was fitting it? sorry i didnt take any while i was doing it,also did it without instructions,it wasnt that hard,i opened door fully and slacked the nut off thats hidden when door is shut,then undone all nuts inside the van then slowly opened the door a few inch and wedged a skateboard between bottom of door and the side bar hinged the slider away from the back van while door is still hanging to it(remember i kept the hiiden nut on but loosened it) then fitted the wedge behind the rail put the longer m6 screw threads on then put the nuts back on,i painted the wedge a few days before with the rattle can,its not 100% but you have to look close to pick fault,it does look a bit weird when you look in the passenger mirror after not seeing the rail for 4 years in the drivers seat but its fine,now to fit my wide arches and im not looking forward to it :ILU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts