VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have my new van..2.5tdi T4 2002
3rd day in my possesion and now the Mrs cant open the passenger door from inside?
So i have do the Gentleman thing and open door for her...lol
even when she goes to corner shop!!
She doesnt like the idea of putting window down and reaching out!!! Women..arrggh
Anyway Feels like something has come off..havnt inspected or took trim off yet
Has anybody else had this problem..?
Hope its a easy fix...
Cheers

·
Registered
870 Posts
Sounds like the rod has come off the handle, Even if it's not that, it's super easy to get to to have a good look.

If you take the door card off:
1. unscrew door pin
1 1/2. remove window winder, the ring closest to the door moves down (away from the winder that you hold), and it pulls off.
2 remove screw from card near door mirror (but on inside)
3 pry off the plastic handle cover using something that won't damage the plastic, sometimes they're easy to get off sometimes they're a sod. It comes straight off the door towards you, not upwards.
4 remove the screws from behind the cover
5 remove the plastic clip from the doorcard near the bottom left side of the window. The whole thing should now lift up about 1cm then straight off...

You can see the rod from there, if it's still in the right place, the plastic lever might be damaged, easiest way is to get in there and have a look.

If I'm wrong with any of that someone please correct me, I've not done it for a while...

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
pull the interior handle n see if its pulling the metal rod forward?if its popped past it(as mine has done a few times)get a knife n push rod fwd,u can then,with a bit o fiddling,push the handle behind it,5 min job,plus swearing:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.