VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1335 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
OK so today may be the day !

This evening at 6:30 I am off to view a potential van.

It is a Vw 1000 TD SWB 1896cc
Panel van
DIESEL!

The chap has put a new engine in this vehicle and it is running up 70k miles.
questions 1) why would someone put in a new engine? are there things that i should be looking out for ?

The chap who is selling it has many accessories on the van also.

Question 2) I have heard that insurance may be high UNTIL it is converted.
This is an obvious intensive to get on with it!
Any ideas who i should contact with regards to insurance companies?

I am fortunate enough to be going with a good friend who is a mechanic.
ALSO
It may be possible that Dave from this forum, Friends with Martin may be able to come and have a gander also.
More eyes the better!

Slightly nervous but excited!

Catch ya soon

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm know engine expert so I'm sure you will get others giving you the heads up on why an engine change.
and insurance I used "A" plan I have found them okay so far.T:
Mine is a windowed van I went down to the DVLA in Bournemouth and did the paperwork there with them and a couple of pics for good measure and they sent it off about 3 weeks later the log book came back all changed.:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just went to see the van.

I would have to make sure i get a tetanus jab before i do any work on it!
Engine was lovely and clean but sounded like a bag o spanners.

Keep your eyes open!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Alright guys n girls.

Im down in Dorset, Poole to be exact for a couple of weeks from the 28th April. Is there a meet on that i can attend. Normally attend the NI meet. im the red wheels of steel in our last regional meet at Dubshed!

would be good to meet up!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Alright guys n girls.

Im down in Dorset, Poole to be exact for a couple of weeks from the 28th April. Is there a meet on that i can attend. Normally attend the NI meet. im the red wheels of steel in our last regional meet at Dubshed!

would be good to meet up!
Hi BabyMc

We meet on the first Sunday of each month so our next one is on the 4th may. All are welcome so pop over and say hello!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey,

Had my van for 2 months now and hoping to make my first meet tomorrow and chat with some fellow owners, so if you spot a noob in metallic brown caravelle with BBS alloys come say hi T:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Another friendly meet today with the bonus of sandwiches :jiggy

Thanks to those of you showing me the ways of the pop top, I think I've just spent all of May's salary now l (is it long to wait for the next payday?)

1261 - 1280 of 1335 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.