VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Dorset Area - Bakers Arms - Rep: Bullfrog

145K views 1K replies 195 participants last post by  barnacleben 
#1 · (Edited)
Dorset area hold our meets at the Coach and Horses.
WIMBORNE/

No firm plans just turn up and chat about vans and life...

We meet from midday onwards.
If we are heading out on a cruise I will try to post details before hand but we will depart the pub at around 1.30 as a rule. I will leave details of that months destination for late comers.T:

calender as follows

August Tues 4th.2009 What a great meet 14 vans ! A:

September Tues 1st 2009 some new faces and some very nice vans :cool:

October Tues 6th 2009 great meet even with the weather T:

November Tues 3rd 2009 Cold but still 7 vans, some new faces too :cool:

December 6th 2009 Great meet even with the rain

January 3rd 2010 Nice meet 4 vans, plus Hecky's Iveco I:, shame as weather was great

February 7th 2010 Great meet 12 vans and some cars too.

March 7th 2010 Great meet 24 vans and great weather

April 4th 2010 (Easter sunday) Lulworth Castle, coach park 5 vans ???

May 2nd 2010 Bakers arms pub. Another great meet with over 20 vans

June 6th 2010 Great meet and great weather , Over 20 vans again

July 4th 2010 Another great meet with 22 T4/5s, 3 bays and a splitty !

August 1st 2010Great meet with 18 vans and an Audi

September 5th 2010 another good meet with 10 or so vans. A few new faces which was nice. Shame about the rain

October 3rd 2010A nice meet with around 7 vans over the afternoon, and a nice Beetle. The sun popped out too which helped

November 7th 2010Great weather. About 8 vans in total so quieter than normal but relaxed

December 5th 2010 Another good meet with 5 T5s and 5 T4s cold but bright enough.

January 2nd 2011 A great meet with 15 vans throughout the day. Some very smart vans.

February 6th 2011 Another good meet with around 20 vans . Nice to see the Hampshire crew too.

March 6th 2011A fantastic meet with around 30 vans over the day along with several Golf's, Polo's a Beetle and other VAG motors. Thanks to everyone who came. Great weather tooA:

April 3rd 2011 WOW, Another great meet with around 30 vans and a golf or two. Thanks to the two from Hampshire that joined us again, Was great to catch up, Great weather too :cool:

May 1st 2011 A great meet with over 25 vans and a couple of VAG motors. Some new members which was nice.

June 5th 2011 Nice meet with 25 vans + a golf or two. Shame about the rain but a good turn out considering. CRUISE NEXT MONTH !!!

July 3rd 2011 A great meet with 27 vans and a nice cruise to sandbanks via the quay with 20 + vans. Great weather too.

August 7th 2011 A nice meet with around 25 vans + an audi or two.

September 4th 2011 A great meet with good weather, Over 20 vans and a cool splitty

October 2nd 2011 Fantastic meet with 25 vans 9 other VAG motors and the Splitty. Brill weather too !

November 6th 2011 Great meet, Great weather (if a little breezy). Brilliant turn out with 27 vans, the Splitty and 10 VAG motors

December 4th 2011 DORSET CHRISTMAS MEAL. Great meet and meal, 32 for the meal. 20 vans for the meet too.

January 8th 2012 (second sunday just for this month) 20 vans + today. lovely starter for the year. Lets build on this to make Dorset the biggest and best meet in the country.

February 5th 2012 Great meet if a little chilly, 20 vans throughout the day, Great to meet some new members too. T:

March 4th 2012 Nice small meet. only 14 vans over the afternoon but good considering the rain. Great to meet some new faces today as well.

April 1st 2012.Great meet 25 vans. Glorious sunshine . a great afternoon. Some new faces and some regulars. Thanks to everyone who made it.

May 6th 2012. Great weather, Great vans (25 total) and great folks .

June 3rd 2012. Not able to attend this one but around 10 vans . Not bad for a bank holiday weekend with many away at shows etc.

July 1st 2012. Great meet with 22 vans over the day. Great weather with only one very small shower, Rest of the time lovely sunshine. Some members from other areas which was nice too.

August 5th 2012 Great meet. Over 30 vans which was brill. good to see some new faces and some regulars. some very nice vans to look over.

September 2nd 2012. WOW ! the weather cleared and 30 vans came out to play. some bling, some projects and some daily drivers
a great meet with some lovely people.

Dont forget folks, HOLTON CLASSIC 30th SEPTEMBER (camping from the 28th)

October 7th 2012. Nice meet this month. Around 20 vans and a nice beetle custom. Some very nice vans

November 4th 2012. Great weather, Great vans, Brill turn out with 25 over the day.

December 2nd 2012. Nice meet some new faces and regulars. 17 vans considering the cold.

JANUARY 6th 2013. WOW! great first meet of 2013 over 30 vans through the day, chilly but brilliant turn out and our great leader even came with family to share some T4/5 goodies (Thanks Jimbo)

February 3rd 2013. Great meet at the bakers (20 vans) that led to cruise (10+ vans) to the somerford (18 vans) Great venue for future meets.
Thinking of a mid month evening meet at the somerford + cruises every now and then. Wanna mix things up this year with the support of Dorset members. possibly a friday eve or tuesday eve there ?

March 3rd 2013 Bakers arms (possible cruise)

April 7th 2013 Bakers arms (possible cruise if not March)

WILL UPDATE MEET HISTORY SHORTLY AS BEEN BUSY. NEXT MEET IS 2nd FEB 2014.. Hope to see a good turn out. Thanks

Ideas welcome for meets next year (locations etc. I am happy to arrange whatever folks like ( moors valley, beach, cruises etc)

Make a note of this on your calenders, phones, diaries etc.

I am open to suggestions on times, dates and locations but we will stick with this for the dates shown so folks know where we will be.
We will have cruises out ;;lulworth, baiter,swanage,poole quay, shore road etc.

Please support this as you have done before to make this great meet.

Any issues/queries PM me or text 07776 302773 T:

See less See more
#19 ·
Re: The NEW dorset meet

Chad, Hows the hand mate ? hope all is ok ?

Cheeky , pearly whites !!! I am actualy on a diet but going slow.I am not over weight but under tall,LOL:

Hope to see you all at the next meet.T:
sorry bullfrog dont worry though it just meens your harder to kid nap LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

oh and joining up to a cornwall meet sounds good i meet up with the cornwall lot at the boogie inn near newquey in june nice bunch T:T:

#22 ·

Didn't get tickets before Jimbos first door closed (I think the second is open til the end of the week?) Doing well aren't we as it's local! I'm sure Hecky will be there now... and I think we'll pop along (if we can sort some other things out!)

#31 ·

Dorset's name is on the list for the next batch of regional gazebos, we did not get one first time . They are expensive and the larger meets got them. fair enough I think

I dont mind getting one as it will get personal use as well.

Paul, you should come mate, gonna be a good weekend.

Van is all ready for MOT now ! T:

#32 ·

Dorset's name is on the list for the next batch of regional gazebos, we did not get one first time . They are expensive and the larger meets got them. fair enough I think

I dont mind getting one as it will get personal use as well.

Paul, you should come mate, gonna be a good weekend.

Van is all ready for MOT now ! T:
spock to mrs pearly and were going to have a beaulie day out on the sat i think so i will come find you and have a beer with every one

p.s ive got my de cat now so ready to fit prob next month now though cause ive got my insurance to pay out as well this monthT:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.