VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 851 Posts

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for Dorset area owners to discuss their vans (and anything else really) with other local owners.
Who knows somone may be able to help you in some way or have a part you need.
Chat away .............T:

Could folks delete any chat posts from Dorset meet thread and paste them over to here , Thanks

Do you have a skill?
welding, electrics, painting, carpet fitting, wheels and tyres ?

Let us know what you can offer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi,

Great news....just to add what was posted some where else (Dorset meet area):

Hi all,

Just got back (22nd Aug) from Langfords and he does have a T4, but not many bits left:

Shell but roof dented (blue panel van SWB)
2 x front doors
sideloader door
2 x bonnets (1x green and 1x blue (like mine)
front bumper
dashboard (but it looked abit tacky)

I got a rear bumper (one piece) thats needs some work doin to it for £20.00 :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi,

hi mate! wats up with the rear bumper? colour faded? cracks, dents? or all of the above? lol cheers!:D
My original bumper was a three piece and the middle bit was damaged. I went to Langford’s and got a one piece but it has a few scrapes and I think one screw hole in it. Plan is to fix it somehow :confused: and put it on me Velle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,

My original bumper was a three piece and the middle bit was damaged. I went to Langford’s and got a one piece but it has a few scrapes and I think one screw hole in it. Plan is to fix it somehow :confused: and put it on me Velle.
OH I SEE!!! i thought that was for sale too! LOL: got my hopes up then!! i've got the same, 3 peice bumper but after a one piece too. good job there mate!! especially for that price!! T:

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the last one piece at trents was £16 + vat

The bargains are out there :cool:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi guys,
i moved to hamworthy in may from birmingham and have just brought a T4.
Its a 1.9 td but needs abit of work for the Mot. It only cost me £500.

The dashboard did look like this but i had to rip it all off.

looks like this underneath but there is dry glue everywhere.

There is a problem with the gears when changing from 4th to 3rd, you have to keep ur foot on the clutch and go into 2nd then 3rd. also needs a back box.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Sprayer

Can anyone recommend the services of a good sprayer for some minor touching up and also colour coding of the bumpers and mirrors?
always best to go with a recommendation rather than jumping in blind!

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a paintshop on columbia road nearly opposite the onestop shop . its down a driveway, there are 2 paintshops there and both have done work for a friends garage, very good work and god prices.

Pop down and have a chat.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
There is a paintshop on columbia road nearly opposite the onestop shop . its down a driveway, there are 2 paintshops there and both have done work for a friends garage, very good work and god prices.

Pop down and have a chat.
my step brother used to work for them or theirs malvern rd body shop their really good T:

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hoping to get a few at the can am show on the 6th at st lenards ? we have been told we can have a club area and I have a huge gazebo if anyone wants to help put it up. i will take flyers etc

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
think i might do dubfest on the saturday and can am on sunday i wll give you a hand settin up bull frog no probs what time do you want me their T:T:T:

1 - 20 of 851 Posts