VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of the lastest range of pioneer sat nav double DIN stereos.
Has anyone put a double DIN in?? Im sure it not too hard is it?!!! I:

Any help be good!!

Cheers guys n girls :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hacked my centre air vents out and made my Alpine double DIN unit fit H:

Must get some plastic sheet to finish it off although the gaffer tape I am filling the hole up with does look unique:cool:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kool!! :cool:

Was thinking of rather than going upwards to make space go downwards!!

Do you have any pics so I can see what it looks like??

Cheers!! :ILU:

I hacked my centre air vents out and made my Alpine double DIN unit fit H:

Must get some plastic sheet to finish it off although the gaffer tape I am filling the hole up with does look unique:cool:

·
Registered
396 Posts
ITS QUITE DIFFICULT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE DASH AND REPOSITION THE CENTRE SUPPORT WHICH RUNS BEHIND AND WOULD CATCH THE LOWER PART OF THE UNIT AND THEN WELD A NEW ONE IN THEN REBUILD AND IT WOULD THEN GO IN FINE
ITS BEEN DONE AND WE HAD ONE IN BITS THIS WEEK NOT A BAD JOB.
OTHER OPTION IS THERE IS A FEW AFTER MARKETS WHICH HAVE A DOUBLE DIN SCREEN WITH A SINGLE UNIT BEHIND (BMW USE ON IN 3 SERIES) THIS GOES INTO HOLE AND SCREEN DOESNT TAKE UP AS MUCH ROOM SO NO NEED TO ALTER CENTRE SUPPORT. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN HEAD UNIT TO SUIT ILL LET YOU KNOW IF WE GET OUGHT WHICH LOOKS RIGHT.

si

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like hard work going downwards!
like the sounds of the double thats a single tho!
but then going upwards also looks good! minus the gaffer tape ;)
argh!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

ITS QUITE DIFFICULT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE DASH AND REPOSITION THE CENTRE SUPPORT WHICH RUNS BEHIND AND WOULD CATCH THE LOWER PART OF THE UNIT AND THEN WELD A NEW ONE IN THEN REBUILD AND IT WOULD THEN GO IN FINE
ITS BEEN DONE AND WE HAD ONE IN BITS THIS WEEK NOT A BAD JOB.
OTHER OPTION IS THERE IS A FEW AFTER MARKETS WHICH HAVE A DOUBLE DIN SCREEN WITH A SINGLE UNIT BEHIND (BMW USE ON IN 3 SERIES) THIS GOES INTO HOLE AND SCREEN DOESNT TAKE UP AS MUCH ROOM SO NO NEED TO ALTER CENTRE SUPPORT. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN HEAD UNIT TO SUIT ILL LET YOU KNOW IF WE GET OUGHT WHICH LOOKS RIGHT.

si
Not the greatest and neatest mod but im happy so far with it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts