VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just whipped out my captains seat passenger and put a front double in to put a baby seat upfront. Does the double just bolt into the same 4 holes?? Just checking before tomorrow when we take the little un to volkfest cymru... Should i inform the insurance company that ive changed the front single to a double??

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just phoned Direct Line and they won't insure my front double without an engineers report!!
FFS its 4 bolts tightened up properly. Is it down on the logbook or recorded anywhere on the vehicle history how many seats you have in the front??

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
you shouldnt have told them,as you say it doesnt say anywhere how many seats,the person on the phone will not realise its a straight swap and have visions of you cutting/welding/modifying to make it fit

·
Registered
223 Posts
thats what i did, not told them a thing and they wont realise Rasp:, to be safe just dont have any accidents LOL:

The only thing is that i want a 2 seater behind the drivers seat and will have to do a bit more than tightening 4 nuts as i did for the front 2!

Has anyone done this and are there any fitting guides to help anywhere? Did you tell insurance? T:

and last thing, has anyone got a rear double for sale? preferbably with seatbelts near kent T:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Hello mate i have rear double and seatbelts.
£140 all in

fitting is simple

the seat will line up with existing 4 undrilled holes in the chassis.Use 4 mushroom bolts and the seat will quick release on them.

the seat i have is in good condition and the pair of seat belts are genuine vw caravelle 3 point belts.

down in bristol though,but courier company i know may be able to ship,think price would be around the £40 mark or travel down and i would fit for £30.

simon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts